Troy and Alondra’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Heat oven to 375° F.
2. Premix the following ingredients in a small bowl and set aside:
2¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Salt
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, cream only the following ingredients together until they are light and fluffy:
1 Cup Butter that has been softened for 20 seconds in the microwave (or used at room temperature)
½ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
¾ Cup White Granulated Sugar
4. Keep whipping the butter and sugar while adding the following until the mixture is again light and fluffy:
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
5. Slow the mixing speed to the lowest, and slowly add the flour mixture until well mixed. If you've been using a whisk attachment, switch to the regular mixer attachment.
6. Stop the mixer and stir in:
One bag of 12oz chocolate chips.
7. Round mixture into balls and place onto cooking sheet about two inches apart, or about 12 per cookie sheet.
8. Bake for about 9-14 minutes, watching the cookies through the door until they are starting to golden around the edges. That will indicate the bottom has sufficiently browned and you can remove them from the oven. If you put in one sheet, they will cook in about 9-10 minutes. Two heavy sheets will require about 14 minutes to bake.
9. Remove and let stand for 2 minutes on cookie sheets before moving cookies to wire rack to cool.